.About 1 man in 7 will be diagnosed with prostate problems during his lifetime
.About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40
.The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 66
Why is my Prostate so Important?
.It filters and removes toxins from your urinary tract
. Helps to reduce dangerous urinary infections
. It provides you with energy and fuels sexual desire and testosterone
.Controls the proper flow of urination out of your body
How Can I Protect my Prostate?
Since prostate problems are becoming more common, many men are seeking various different natural ways to prevent problems and symptoms due to aging.
Whether or not you have symptoms or think your prostate is at risk, it is still very important to start taking necessary precautions to maintain strong prostate health.
Here are 5 Easy Steps towards Protecting your Prostate:
1. Reduce Stress Levels: The body deals with stress by raising levels of certain hormones, including adrenaline and cortisol. Unfortunately, when stress is chronic, cortisol levels remain high, which in turn elevates inflammation. The prostate can be subject to inflammation from high stress. 
2. Stop Smoking: It’s no surprise that smoking can affect all areas of your body including your prostate. Smoking cigarettes can lead to dangerous prostate enlargement and can worsen the symptoms of BPH. It’s recommended to cut down on smoking and quitting altogether if possible. 
3.Drink Lots of Water: This is the simplest solution when it comes to fluids. Alcohol, soda and energy drinks contain processes sugars and other damaging properties, especially alcohol. Drinking water helps to flush out any toxins and restore your body's equilibrium.
4. Avoid Foods that Cause Inflammation: Inflammatory foods can worsen symptoms of prostatitis. Processed foods, artificial sweeteners, sugary foods, dairy products, red meat, and fried foods are all culprits of prostate inflammation.
5. Choose Foods that Reduce Inflammation: These foods are largely found in the Mediterranean Diet. This includes oily fish (rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids), lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and foods that provide healthy fats such as avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds.
It is really imperative to change your diet and lifestyle in order to protect your aging prostate.
In order to further help you on your journey to a healthier prostate we put together a cheat sheet of 10 foods.
These foods contain strong antioxidant support and all of the nutritional benefits for proper prostate protections:
10 Prostate Protecting Foods:
1. Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain a powerful antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene has been known to help protect cell damage and slow the process of BPH.
2. Broccoli: This is a highly powered cruciferous vegatables with lots of Vitamins. Broccoli is enriched with Vitamin K, vitamin C, chromium and folate. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, potassium and copper. The phytochemicals in Broccoli work to target free radicals and damaging toxins.
3. Green Tea: We can't brag enough about the powers of Green Tea and the science just simply can't be overlooked. The percentage of prostate problems in Asian countries are so much lower and the correlation to Green Tea is strong. Components in Green Tea such catechin, xanthine and epicatechin provide a heavy dose of antioxidant energy and immune boost, conducive to prostate fortitude.
4. Pomegranates: Pomegranates are one of the richest fruits available. Pomegranates have strong protecting antioxidants that have been known to target and destroy unhealthy cells.
5. Legumes: The richest sources of legumes include beans, peanuts, lentils and chickpeas. Most legumes contain biologically active plant compounds known as phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens found mostly in soy have shown to helping maintain a healthy Prostate Specific Antigent (PSA). PSA's are proteins that are built up in the prostate. 
6. Brazil Nuts: This rare type of nut is rich in selenium which is a mineral that has shown to protect the prostate. These nuts are also a very good source of zinc, protein, magnesium and thiamine.
7. Cayenne Peppers: Cayenne Peppers are notorious for being intensely hot and popular with many Mexican dishes. Cayenne contains a high concentration of a substance known as capsaicin. Capsaican has been shown to destroy dangerous cells in the body while protecting good cells. They can also help prevent ulcers and boost your prostate health.
8. Mushrooms: Mushrooms (most notably shiitake) contain lentinan, a type of beta-glucan that has been known to power the immune system and protect your prostate and stomach. Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine research recently found that ergothioneine in mushrooms provide protection to cells from damaging toxins.
9. Pumpkin Seeds: Just in time for fall, pumpkin is a widely popular season favorite. Pumpkins seeds have been researched to reduce an enlarged prostate. The oil in pumpkin seeds slows down the overstimulation of prostate cells that is typical in BPH. Pumpkin seeds also contain Omega 3- Fatty Acids that are great for immune health and inflammation.
10. Salmon: As we just discussed, Omega 3- Fatty acids are essential for prostate health. Salmon also has powerful anti-angiogenic effects, which makes it a cell protecting powerhouse. 
1. H., RAUL G. ENRIQUEZ, et al. “5 Simple Ways to Protect Your Prostate.” Natural Healing, 20 May 2014, www.institutefornaturalhealing.com/2013/11/5-simple-ways-to-protect-your-prostate/.
2.Küpeli, B, et al. “The Role of Cigarette Smoking in Prostatic Enlargement.” British Journal of Urology., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Aug. 1997, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9284188.
3. Marcin, Ashley. “6 Foods to Boost Prostate Health.” Healthline, Healthline Media, 29 Mar. 2017, www.healthline.com/health/prostate-cancer/foods-for-prostate-health#legumes-and-soy5.
4. Prostate.net, prostate.net/articles/10-super-foods-for-prostate-health.
James Scarmozzino founded Sunergetic in 2011 after being diagnosed with pre-cancerous skin cells. Shocked that he could be diagnosed with a potentially life threatening disease a young age, he began looking into natural remedies and solutions to help heal faster and protect against further deteriorating health.
His mission was simple: To utilize the most current scientific information available to create powerful natural supplements that promote healing, longevity and vitality.
Sunergetic’s stands by this mission today by harnessing the healing power of nature to create premium natural supplements.
We believe the best nutrients come from natural and whole foods, but even the most health conscious among us are not able to get everything they need from diet and lifestyle changes alone.
In today’s fast paced world and conflicting messages, maintaining a healthy lifestyle has become complicated and hard. Sunergetic supplements provide the missing nutritional support you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and accomplish your goals.
In his free time, he writes nutrition articles on the Sunergetic Blog based off the latest research and clinical trials.
We welcome you to join the exclusive Sunergetic Healthy Life Community on Facebook where we are dedicated to providing the latest nutritional advice on foods, herbs, diets and supporting each other achieve our health goals.
Comments will be approved before showing up.