Cranberries are one of the top rated fruits by experts because of their powerful health promoting properties. They are super rich in antioxidants, have a low glycemic index and contain only about 50 calories per handful.
Cranberries have been considered superfoods because they are rich in powerful plant antioxidants and phytochemicals called proanthocyanadins (PACs).
PAC's are very powerful antioxidants that remove harmful free oxygen radicals from cells in your body. Studies indicate that antioxidant power of proanthocyanidins is 20 times higher than that of vitamin C and 50 times higher than vitamin E.
They are also are super beneficial because of their ability to bond with collagen, promoting youthful skin, cell health, elasticity, and flexibility. 
In case you still aren't sold on the benefits of cranberries, here are 10 reasons to add them to your diet:
1. Gastro-Intestinal Health: Many stomach ulcers are related to the overgrowth of a specific bacteria known as Heliobacter Pylori. Proanthocyanadins (PACs) in cranberries protect the stomach lining by preventing the attachment of this damaging bacteria and depleting its growth. Many people have experienced stomach relief from adding cranberries into their daily diet.
2. Bladder Health: PAC's have a unique ability to attach to the lining of the bladder and urinary tract, thus inhibiting the attachment and growth of harmful bacteria. This explains why cranberry juice has been used for hundreds of years in traditional medicine to promote resolution of and even reduce the frequency of bladder infections. 
3. Kidney Cleansing: Cranberries offer a myriad of antioxidants that are most commonly associated with treating urinary tract infections and kidney support. The chemical properties of this fruit helps prevent bacteria from building up in the urethra. Tannins (powerful polyphenol) in cranberries have shown to flush damaging toxins from your kidneys. 
Be sure to checkout our article on 9 Amazing Ingredients with Powerful Kidney Cleansing Properties to find our favorite and most potent sources for kidney support.
4. Anti-Inflammation: Many diseases and ailments that people deal with on a daily basis are exacerbated by inflammation. Cranberries have shown to have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can potentially benefit conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chron's Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well as the cardiovascular system.
5. Cardiovascular Health: Cranberry's benefit on cardiovascular health is likely due to a combination of factors, including cranberry's antioxidant effects, anti-inflammatory effects, and potential improvement of HDL and LDL cholesterol. The tannins help prevent the build-up of plaque on vessel walls, and the antioxidant components of cranberries are also linked to a reduction in blood pressure. 
6. Supports Healthy Weight: There has been studies that have shown that cranberries can be a productive part of a weight loss regiment. Cranberries are a low caloric fruit that have been shown to help suppress appetite and help fuel your metabolism. Ridding your stomach of toxins can also help you shed a few pounds.
7. Anti-Aging Benefits: Scientists at the human research center suggest that the wealth of phytonutrients and antioxidants present in cranberries play a vital role in providing protection against the problems that develop with age such as cognitive problems and skin aging. Cranberries have several therapeutic properties that protect cells from free radicals that contribute to aging and make the skin look younger. One of our other favorite rare herbs that contributes to powerful anti-aging and has similar properties to cranberries is Polypodium Leucotomos. 
8.Rich in Fiber: Statistics show that most people are actually fiber deficient. Fiber has more important benefits than most people know about. Increased fiber intake has also been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improve blood sugar regulation and enhance weight loss for obese individuals. Cranberries contain an abundant amount of fiber and can be a great daily source.
9. Protection from Free Radicals: Cranberries have a wealth of vitamins that are important in the defense against free radicals and toxins in the body. Cranberries are rich in vitamin K, manganese and a large array of phytonutrients. 
10. Perfect Low Calorie Snack: One cup of fresh cranberries contains 50 calories, according to the USDA. If you like them raw, they’re a great low-calorie snack but their tart flavor makes them an acquired taste. Use them in cooking and baking to add flavor while sparing on calories. 
Below is our favorite delicious Cranberry Apple Crisp Receipe (Shared from WebMD)
Ingredients: (9 Servings)
1. "Proanthocyanidins - Powerful Flavonoid Antioxidants You Should Add to Your Diet." Immune Health: The Role Of Glutathione And Nutrition. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 July 2017.
2. Chilkov, Dr. Nalini. "7 Reasons to Eat Cranberries This Season." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 26 Dec. 2012. Web. 09 July 2017.
3. Perry, Ann. "Which Fruits Have Tannin?" LIVESTRONG.COM. Leaf Group, 19 Dec. 2015. Web. 09 July 2017.
4. Molly Kimball | NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune. "6 Health Benefits of Cranberries, plus How to Get More of Them in Your Diet Year-round." NOLA.com. NOLA.com, 18 Nov. 2015. Web. 09 July 2017.
5. "15 Amazing Benefits of Cranberry Juice." Organic Facts. N.p., 15 June 2017. Web. 10 July 2017.
6."Cranberries: Health Benefits, Facts, Research." Medical News Today. MediLexicon International, n.d. Web. 10 July 2017.
7. Shreeves, Robin. "5 Health Benefits of Fresh Cranberries." MNN - Mother Nature Network. Mother Nature Network, 05 June 2017. Web. 10 July 2017.
8. Davis, Jeanie Lerche. "Cranberries: Year-Round Superfood." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 10 July 2017.
James Scarmozzino founded Sunergetic in 2011 after being diagnosed with pre-cancerous skin cells. Shocked that he could be diagnosed with a potentially life threatening disease a young age, he began looking into natural remedies and solutions to help heal faster and protect against further deteriorating health.
His mission was simple: To utilize the most current scientific information available to create powerful natural supplements that promote healing, longevity and vitality.
Sunergetic’s stands by this mission today by harnessing the healing power of nature to create premium natural supplements.
We believe the best nutrients come from natural and whole foods, but even the most health conscious among us are not able to get everything they need from diet and lifestyle changes alone.
In today’s fast paced world and conflicting messages, maintaining a healthy lifestyle has become complicated and hard. Sunergetic supplements provide the missing nutritional support you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and accomplish your goals.
In his free time, he writes nutrition articles on the Sunergetic Blog based off the latest research and clinical trials.
We welcome you to join the exclusive Sunergetic Healthy Life Community on Facebook where we are dedicated to providing the latest nutritional advice on foods, herbs, diets and supporting each other achieve our health goals.
Comments will be approved before showing up.